Narrow Gauge Locomotives -Stamps of South West Africa 1985.
on 11 Sep 1897 the first members of the “Feldbahn-Baukommando” arrived from Germany in Swakopmund,SWA. They built a railway line with a width of 600mm from Swakopmund to Windhoek and was officially opened to traffic on 01 Jul 1902 and known as “Staatsbahn”. The private narrow gauge line from Swakopmund to Tsumeb was opened in Nov 1906.
South West Africa issued a set of four stamps on Narrow Gauge Locomotives on 02 Aug 1985.The Four were
12c – Zwilling Schmalspur Locomotive 1898
25c- Feldspur side tank Locomotive
30c -0-6-2 Side Tank Locomotive 1904
50c- Henschel Hd Locomotive1912