The Royal Selangor Golf Club Centenary -Stamps of Malaysia 1993.
The Royal Selangor Golf Club was founded 100 years ago by coffe planter brothers Clem & John Glassford and Kit and Robert Meikle. First meeting was held on 21 Jan 1893 with 30 founding members. the 9 hole course opened for play on 21 Aug 1893.In 1918 the state Government reclaimed the Petaling Hill for a park and provided land for Selangor Golf Course in a different location for 36 holes. Work began in 1920 and by Oct 1921 a 9 hole Golf course was completed. By 1931 36 holes were completed.The club prospered till occupation of malaya in 1942 by Japanese when it was converted to a landing strip and Barracks . After war it was reconditioned and fully operational as 36 hole course in 1948 due to efforts of Tim Verity. The title Royal was bestowed in 1963 by the King. The RSGC has been venue for 26 Malaysian Opens, Nomura Cup,Queen Sirikrit Cup, Dunhill Masters among many tournaments held here.
A Set of Three stamps was issued on 24 Jun 1993 to commemorate the 100 Years of Royal Selangor Golf Club. A presentation pack issued on this occasion is listed.