King Edward Medical University – 150th Anniversary – Stamps Of Pakistan 2012
King Edward Medical College Lahore was established in 1860 as Lahore Medical College. It is the Fourth oldest Medical School in South Asia after Medical College Kolkata (28 Jan 1835), Madras Medical College,Chennai (02 Feb 1835) and Grant Medical College Bombay (1845). On 12 Dec 1911 it was named as King Edward Medical College and in 2005 it was named as King Edward Medical University.
The present Mayo Hospital (affiliate Hospital) building was completed in 1870 and in 1871 named as Mayo Hospital after Earl of Mayo.Architect Purdon designed the building and Roy Bahadur Kanhaya Lal was the Engineer.
Pakistan issued a stamp on 28 Aug 2008 to mark 150th Anniversary of King Edward Medical University Lahore. A FDC is listed.