Stamps on Rontgen – Czech Republic 1995.
Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen (1845-1923), a German Mechanical Engineer and Physicist was born on 27 Mar 1845 in Prussia German Confederation.
- On 08 Nov 1895 detected electromagnetic radiation in a wavelength range known as X-rays or Rontgen rays.
- In 1901 he was awarded the First Nobel Prize in Physics for his discovery
- In 2004 element no 111 was named roentgenium a radioactive element.
- 08 Nov every is celebrated as World radiology Day.
- The international unit for radiation is called roentgen.
The Czech Republic issued a stamp on 11 Oct 1995 to commemorate his 150th Birth Anniversary. The stamp features his portrait and X-ray tube. The FDC features an X-ray.