Miniature Sheets on Ornaments (Gyencha) of Bhutan 2014.
Two miniature sheets were issued by Bhutan on 17 Dec 2014 on Ornaments (Gyencha) of Bhutan. Miniature Sheet with one stamp of 80 Nu and a miniature sheet with six stamps of 20 Nu each.
Miniature sheet 80 Nu – Betel Nut Container.
BHUTAN MS 2014 – ORNAMENTS -BETEL NUT CONTAINER
Miniature Sheet Six stamps of 20 Nu each – Brooch Necklace, Bracelet, Necklace, Brooch and Earrings.
BHUTAN MS 2014 -ORNAMENTS
Flowers of Bangladesh – Miniature Sheet 2014.
Bangladesh issued a miniature sheet of four stamps on Flowers on 04 Aug 2014. All are 10 Taka stamps. It was released to mark the Phiakorea 2014 exhibition. The flowers featured are
10 Taka-Dendrobium aphyllum – Hooded orchid.
10 Taka – Rhyncostylis retusa – Foxtail Orchid .it is an exotic orchid.
10 Taka -Nymphaea nouchali- Blue Lotus or star lotus.National flower of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
10 Taka- Ochna obtusata- Ramdhan Champa .Found in East India
BANGLADESH MS 2014 – FLOWERS
Rare Flowers of Philippines on Stamps -2007
7 Peso – Medinilla Magnifica- Philippine orchid or rose grape.
7 Peso – Strongylodon eimeri – Jade vine
7 Peso -Amyema incarnatiflora- Danser
7 Peso -Dillenia monantha-Merr
7 Peso – Xanthostemon Fructicosus -Peter G Wilson – Palanan wilderness in Isabela Province
7 Peso -Plumiera acuminata- Dogbane family,medical value
7 Peso -Paphiopedilum adductum – Belongs to orchidaceae family.Endemic to Mindanao Island and critically endangered species.
7 Peso -Rafflessia manillana- Belongs to Rafflessia species and named after City of Manila.
PHILIPPINES 2007 – RARE FLOWERS
– Ancient Roses Stamps of France 1999
France issued a miniature sheet on 28 May 1999 with three stamps on ancient roses.
– Introduced in 1890 the flowers are pink with darker centre and scent is moderate. A classic hybrid Tea rose. Mme Caroline Testout
– Inroduced in 1879.Pale Pinkish flowers are fully double,globular and very fragrant. Mme Alfred Carriere
– Introduced in 1867. A Lovely rose ,petals which are paler inside,curl back from the high center and the scent is heavier than most teas. La France
ANCIENT ROSES OF FRANCE ON STAMPS 1999
& Konrad Henkel on Canada stamps 2014. Maid of Honor
Canada Post issued a Miniature sheet with two stamps on roses to its popular flower series on 23 APR 2014.
– It is a hybrid tea rose registered in 1983. Grown on shrubs it has medium red color , very fragrant and blooms in late spring and early summer. Konrad Henkel
– It is relatively new hybrid tea rose introduced in 2007.It is a climber that grows on a plant that can rise up to 10 feet. Yellow white in color it is very fragrant. Maid of Honor
The roses are courtesy
. Montreal Botanical Garden
KONRAD HENKEL AND MAID OF HONOR HYBRID TEA ROSES CANADA 2014
– Hungary Roses on stamps 1982
Hungary issued a set of stamps on roses on 30 Apr 1982. A miniature sheet was also issued showing a bouquet of roses.
– BOUQUET OF ROSES HUNGARY 1982
– Wild Flowers of Bhutan Stamps of Bhutan 2014.
A Miniature sheet with Four stamps on the theme Wild flowers of Bhutan was released by Bhutan Post on 15 Jun 2014. The Four Flowers are
Genus of about 300 species Clematis Fongulensis
-is a species of genus Iris.It has yellow green to dark green long , leaves,slender stem,one flower between blue ,lavender blue to lilac. Found in slopes of Himalayan mountains between 2700 to 5500 metres Iris Goniocarpa
– Perennial herb Oxygraphis Glacialis
– common name Himalayan Rose. One of the most remarkable and variable rose species. Macrophylla means large leaved.It is a tall bush,moderately prickly,long leaflets of bluish green with medium sized Pink flowers. It is grows in Himalayas at altitudes of 2400 to 3600 metres. Flowering in Jun -Jul. Rosa Macrophylla
WILD FLOWERS OF BHUTAN