Buckingham Palace – Special Cover 1993
Originally known as Buckingham House it was acquired as a large townhouse in 1703 for Duke of Buckingham .In 1761 it was acquired by King George III as Private residence for Queen Charlotte and became known as Queen’s House. It became Buckingham Palace and London residence of the British Monarch on accession of Queen Victoria in 1837.
It was First thrown open to Public on 07 Aug 1993 and a Special Cover was released to Commemorate this event. The Cancellation depicts the words “Ceremonial Capital Of World” and has mint stamps on each of the Monarchs who occupied Buckingham Palace from 1837 to 1993. In the foreground is a beautiful sketch of the Palace.