State Flag of Delaware – USA 1976.
The USA issued a set of 50 stamps on State Flags of States of the USA on 23 Feb 1976. We are listing them in Alphabetical order of States name. All stamps are 13 cents denomination. Stamps of 8th State are Listed.
Delaware State Flag – It was adopted in 1913. It includes a ribbon with Delaware state motto “Liberty and Independence” approved in 1847.
- The Colonial Blue and Buff represents the colours of George Washington’s Uniform.
- December 7, 1787 is the day Delaware ratified the Federal Constitution.
Inside the buff- diamond is the State Coat of Arms adopted in 1777 and contains many symbols of Delaware.
- Ship – represents the Shipbuilding industry and coastal commerce.
- Farmer – represents the role of Farming.
- Militiaman- role of citizen-soldier in maintaining Civil liberties.
- Wheat Sheaf – agricultural vitality.
- Water- represents the Delaware River.
- Ox- represents Animal Husbandry industry.
A First Day Cover is listed, it shows Delaware State Flag.