State Flag of New Jersey – USA 1976.
The USA issued a set of 50 stamps on State Flags of States of the USA on 23 Feb 1976. We are listing them in Alphabetical order of States name. All stamps are 13 cents denomination. This stamp is 30th in the series
New Jersey State Flag – New Jersey adopted state Flag on 11 May 1896. The main features of the Flag are
- The background is Buff, Colours are Jersy Blue and Buff.
- A Shield with three Ploughs representing Jersey’s Agricultural tradition.
- A Forward-facing helmet.
- A horse’s head as crest of the helmet.
- The Female Figures Liberty and Ceres represent State motto “Liberty & Prosperity”.
- Liberty holds a staff supporting a “Liberty Cap”, Ceres – Goddess of Grain is holding an overflowing cornucopia.
- The streamer at the Foot contains State Motto.
A FDC is listed.