State Flag of Michigan – USA 1976.
The USA issued a set of 50 stamps on State Flags of States of the USA on 23 Feb 1976. We are listing them in Alphabetical order of States name. All stamps are 13 cents denomination. This stamp is 23rd in the series.
Michigan State Flag – The Final flag was approved in 1911. The main features on the Flag are
- The flag features the Coat of Arms in a background of Blue.
- Animal symbols Moose and Elk represent the State and Eagle represents the USA.
- Latin Phrases – On red ribbon – E Pluribus Unum – From Many, One
- On shield in Centre – TUEBOR – I will Defend.
- On the base on white ribbon – Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice – If you seek a Pleasant Peninsula, look about you.
A First Day Cover is listed, it shows Michigan State Flag.